Physiotherapy (physical therapy) provides support needed to develop, maintain and recover physical function. It is a branch of medicine practiced by professional, highly-educated, and licensed medical specialists. They help patients in the treatment of diseases, improvement their physical conditions, reduce pain and prevent mobility problems.
Common types of Physiotherapy Treatments:
- Banleotheraphy - patient soaking in mineral water, especially in spas, pools, and natural sources like hot or cold springs, lakes, etc.
- Hydrotherapy - exercises, rehabilitation in a water environment.
- Climatotherapy - relocation to another environment as a form of treatment
- Kinesiotherapy - uses passive or active forms of physical activity to impact muscles and stimulate them
- Medical massage - a series of movements that exert pressure on the patient’s body to help tissue to function properly
- Electrical stimulation - electrodes placed on the skin muscles can provide pain relief
- Hot therapy - uses the impact of heat on blood flow and pain
- Cold therapy can minimize pain and supports many kinds of medical massage